Every year, research continues to uncover surprising benefits of daily gratitude. A thankful attitude affects more than your mood for starters. Let’s take a look at the ten most impressive reasons to approach life with gratitude, specifically when you practice it like any other skill you intend to master:
- Reduced time to fall asleep (with a better chance of staying asleep)
- More long-term friendships
- Higher, sustainable energy level
- Easier time making decisions
- Lower anxiety level over time
- Decreased perception of pain
- Reduced risk for depression
- Faster post-surgical or wound healing
- Increased productivity
- More patience and self-control
Understandably, gratitude doesn’t come easily to everyone at first. For prompts to get your grateful wheels turning, visit The Balanced Introvert’s YouTube playlist of inspiration for a positive mindset. If journaling sounds more intriguing, try the written prompts in the online self-care bookstore to awaken your unique powers of positivity.
I’m a music therapist, dog mom, nature enthusiast, business owner, introvert, sleep and stress management coach, and research lover. My mission is to help you remove stress as a barrier to better health, greater happiness, and more meaningful connections with the people and passions that make life exciting.