The Power of Positivity: A Prompted Gratitude Journal (Download)
An illustrated, prompted gratitude journal to re-wire the brain for positive thinking, an easy first step toward counteracting negativity bias in everyday life.
Delivered via email as a downloadable PDF file (42 pages) for home printing or digital journaling on your tablet, smartphone, or desktop computer.
I was never one to keep a diary as a kid, and in the past I struggled to find a way to start the process. I wanted to give journaling another try. I came across this guided version and it has helped give me starting points for reflection. Mostly that I really do have so many wonderful things in my life that it’s easy to lose sight of that in the everyday grind.
The Power of Positivity is definitely not your ordinary bullet, or list, journal. Lively illustrated prompts promote an attitude of gratitude to relieve anxious, depressed, and pessimistic moods.
Cultivating a positive mindset builds resilience to unexpected challenges. It also helps you bounce back from set-backs and distressing life experiences more quickly and easily. The creative and flexible approach to problem-solving that accompanies a grateful attitude sets you up for a limitless outlook on life!
Is the Power of Positivity Right for You?
This prompted journal is a good fit for you if:
- You’re looking for a daily gratitude practice to start your day with a positive outlook
- You want to train your brain to think positively as its default way of perceiving events
- You would like to trade negative thoughts for positive ones throughout the day
- You want to shift your mood when you get stuck in pessimistic or negative thought cycles
- You’re working to build resilience against stress
- You’d like a simple relaxation practice that improves mood and focus at the same time
- You’re looking for a quick, effective wind-down exercise for bedtime
Benefits of Gratitude
Gratitude is the ultimate brain changer. Whether you think of “gratitude” as counting your blessings or recognizing the good in life, it alters brain chemistry that sends ripple effects through your entire body. Specifically, here are 36 reasons to practice gratitude:
- Greater overall life satisfaction
- Fewer physical ailments
- More likely to practice other healthy habits like exercise
- Lower stress level
- Reduced chance of developing depression
- Higher self-esteem
- Easier trauma recovery
- Higher energy levels
- Stronger connection with loved ones
- Better sleep quality and easier time falling asleep
- Lower anxiety level
- Decreased reliance on drugs or alcohol for coping
- Reduced risk of relapse following addiction treatment
- Increased satisfaction in kindness toward others
- Stronger self-control
- Decreased systemic inflammation
- Better glucose control in diabetes
- Improved kidney function
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduced fat intake during weight loss efforts
- Increased productivity
- Greater resilience to stress
- More friendships
- Longer lifespan
- Better decision-making skills
- Increased probability of achieving goals
- Decreased tendency toward negativity bias
- Reduced perception of pain
- Happier memories upon recall
- Fewer envious thoughts and feelings
- Lessened desire for material wealth
- Trust and respect garnered from others
- Enhanced immunity
- Faster recovery following medical procedures
- Increased patience and ability to delay gratification
- Greater job satisfaction
Sources: Somatic Movement Center, Charles Stone, Happier Human, Positive Psychology
What do I do with my digital journal once I've downloaded it?
Check out this video for 5 ways to use your new journal or tracker, whether on paper or your favorite digital device.
Flexible Digital or Print Use
After purchase, you’ll receive an instant download link for a PDF file via email. Import this PDF document into your favorite digital device such as a tablet or smartphone that allows for commenting or “mark-up,” meaning that you’ll be able to write with your finger or stylus directly onto each page of the journal.
Alternatively, print the journal pages to any sized paper by adjusting your printer settings. Hole punch and keep in a binder, fold to make a booklet, create a notebook with a home binding system, or use any other organization method you prefer.
Visual Journal Page Layout
Add variety to the traditional bullet (AKA list) method of journaling with fun and engaging illustrated journal pages. Twenty reusable prompts ensure you don’t lose interest in the exercise, even if you make gratitude a daily practice.
Free Writing Pages
On a roll with your gratitude list? Want to come back to it another time? Continue the list you started with blank bullet list pages for each writing prompt.
Due to the non-returnable nature of this digital product, there will be NO REFUNDS after purchase unless your order is incorrect.
Please refer to the Payments and Refunds Policy as part of our Terms & Conditions for additional details. You must agree to these Terms & Conditions to complete any purchase during the checkout process.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of journaling?
Journaling provides many health benefits including:
- Decreased stress
- Improved mood in general
- Reduced anxiety
- Decreased depression
- Reduced perception of pain
- Enhanced creativity
- Increased life satisfaction
- Improved focus and memory
- Enhanced immune function
- Decreased number of physical ailments
- Easier decision-making
- Fewer interpersonal conflicts
- Improved coping after a traumatic event
- Shortened period of grief after loss
- Acceptance of transition or change
- Improved coping during and after addiction recovery
How often should I write in the gratitude journal?
That’s entirely up to you! Writing for 10-15 minutes, even just a couple of days each week, decreases stress while improving mood and focus. Consistency plays a key role in any self-care habit, so setting a schedule to make time for this habit will help it stick.
How many entries does The Power of Positivity accommodate?
The journal features 20 illustrated gratitude topic prompts. The advantage of a downloadable digital journal, delivered via a PDF file, is that you get to print unlimited copies of each prompt or page.
Is this journal subject to any use restrictions?
This journal is intended for adult informational and entertainment purposes only. It does not serve to diagnose any medical condition; nor should it be considered a substitute for professional medical or mental health treatment. For that, you should make an appointment with a qualified health care provider.
Furthermore, if you are currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is highly recommended that you use this journaling tool with their guidance for the best results.
The Power of Positivity is restricted to your own personal use only. If you love this journal please direct friends, family, and acquaintances to the website to purchase a copy for themselves. You are NOT allowed to resell, lend, share, or otherwise distribute this product in accordance with copyright law without written permission directly from The Balanced Introvert.
When will I get the journal that I purchased?
A digital download link of a PDF file of the journal is delivered instantly upon payment approval during the checkout process. If you don’t get an email with a download link for your journal within 15 minutes of completing your order, check the spam or junk folder in your email. If you don’t see it there, email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your order number.
What if I don’t receive my digital order?
If you experience any issues with an order, please email us at email@example.com. Include your order number and the name of the journal you purchased for faster assistance. We look forward to helping you get underway with your new journaling self-care practice.